- Packing your diaper bag for diaper changes and feeding baby is your first task.
- Pack quite a few diapers and a package of baby wipes, for diaper changes.
- Pack some burping cloths for after feeding.
- Pack one or two extra outfits for baby in case of accidents.
- Pack a change of top for you, just in case of surprise spit-ups or leakage.
- Pack some hand sanitizer or wet wipes for yourself.
- Pack a nursing cover, if you feel more comfortable. It takes practice to breastfeed when you are out and about.
- Pack a water bottle for yourself, and remember to stay hydrated.
- Pack sterile bottles and nipples if you’re bottle-feeding. Most infant formulas are available in ready-to-feed nursers, which can be helpful while you are practicing spending time out of your home.
- Pack a couple of pacifiers if your baby uses them.
- Remember to pack a baby blanket or swaddle.
- Wear a nursing top and nursing bra with easy access if you’re breastfeeding.
- Dress baby in weather-appropriate clothes. Layers are a good idea, in case the weather takes a turn.
- Bring your baby stroller or a baby carrier in case you decide to go for a walk or you need a cozy place for baby to nap.
- Remember the rain cover for the baby stroller or an umbrella for you and baby if you’re using a baby carrier.
- Try to keep baby out of the sun. Delicate skin is extra sensitive. Sunblock and sunhats can help, but shade is most important. Many baby strollers come with a sun canopy. Muslin swaddles are light and also work well to shade from sun.
- Pack a bright stroller toy or try hanging rattles or toys from the sling or baby carrier on a soother clip.
- Leave extra time for getting all your baby gear ready before leaving the house.
- Try to set off shortly after a feed so baby is happy to rest or look around.
- If you’re feeling lonely or isolated as a new mom, check out our ideas for things to do with baby that give something back to you.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support, high-value coupons on our trusted brands and much more!
Free Ready-for-Baby Savings Pack.
Around 35 weeks of pregnancy expect to receive our Baby Pack filled with high-value coupons and useful information you and your baby will love!
Special Member Savings
Receive personalized coupons and savings on trusted products in your email inbox - and home mailbox - as your baby grows.
Expert advice, articles, recipes, tips and tools for all the special, hard and at times hectic days of parenting.
Nutritional guidance for growth
Specialized nutritional guidance and science-based expertise for every stage of the parenting journey - from preconception to toddlerhood.
*When registration is during pregnancy. If your baby’s already been born, expect to see your kit within a month
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.