- Think about where to have a baby shower. A cozy get-together at home? Or renting a hall or restaurant?
- Who’s hosting the shower? Or do you want to host as a team? What’s your budget? You’ll need to save some money for when baby gets here. Read our Baby on a budget checklist for more on that.
- Consider who you’re inviting. A traditional all-female group? Or a general mixture of friends and family? It can be fun to include your partner and their friends in celebration.
- Try to pick a day that’s not too close to the baby’s due date. You’ll need to have your feet up nearer the time.
- Why not create an online gift registry? This helps to guide your friends while they are choosing a gift.
- Think of a theme: whether it’s outrageous or sophisticated—themes are fun. If you know the sex of the baby, you may want to incorporate that into the theme.
- Maybe a party isn’t your style. Consider a spa day if games and cake aren’t your thing.
- Send out your invitations with date, time, and address, a clear date for providing an RSVP, and a link to your online registry. If there’s a theme, let your guests know on the invitation.
- Confirm the guest numbers with your venue.
- Balloons, decorations, paper plates, plastic knives and forks. Buy what you need to suit your theme.
- Buy a cake or cupcakes.
- Buy baby shower favors and game prizes.
- Consider getting a photographer or ask someone to take lots of photos.
- Choose a fun mix of baby-themed party games.
- Set up the baby shower decorations in good time—you’ll definitely need someone else’s help for this.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support, high-value coupons on our trusted brands and much more!
Free Ready-for-Baby Savings Pack.
Around 35 weeks of pregnancy expect to receive our Baby Pack filled with high-value coupons and useful information you and your baby will love!
Special Member Savings
Receive personalized coupons and savings on trusted products in your email inbox - and home mailbox - as your baby grows.
Expert advice, articles, recipes, tips and tools for all the special, hard and at times hectic days of parenting.
Nutritional guidance for growth
Specialized nutritional guidance and science-based expertise for every stage of the parenting journey - from preconception to toddlerhood.
*When registration is during pregnancy. If your baby’s already been born, expect to see your kit within a month
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.