- Consider whether to go for a traditional or unique name.
- Consider the meaning of the names—perhaps in different languages.
- Consider what the initials will be when put together.
- Consider how the first name sounds with the last name.
- Consider how the name could be shortened and possible nicknames.
- Consider how popular the name currently is.
- Think about people to name baby after.
- Think about names from your culture.
- Consider how it sits with any sibling names.
- Consider whether gender neutral names are important to you.
- Think about middle names—second or third favourites can still make the cut this way.
- Consider how the name works for a child and an adult.
- Consider alternative spellings of popular names.
Think about the longevity of the name. Is it a waning trend or a name both you and your child will love?
Once you’ve got a few ideas on the shortlist, another fun task you could start thinking about is getting baby's nursery ready. See our checklist for hel
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support, high-value coupons on our trusted brands and much more!
Free Ready-for-Baby Savings Pack.
Around 35 weeks of pregnancy expect to receive our Baby Pack filled with high-value coupons and useful information you and your baby will love!
Special Member Savings
Receive personalized coupons and savings on trusted products in your email inbox - and home mailbox - as your baby grows.
Expert advice, articles, recipes, tips and tools for all the special, hard and at times hectic days of parenting.
Nutritional guidance for growth
Specialized nutritional guidance and science-based expertise for every stage of the parenting journey - from preconception to toddlerhood.
*When registration is during pregnancy. If your baby’s already been born, expect to see your kit within a month
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.