BEFORE YOUR LEAVE
- Tell your boss your big news. Find out if there’s anyone else you need to inform at work.
- If you will require specific Workplace Accommodation, make sure to discuss your needs with your Human Resources representative.
- Review your company’s Maternity and Parental Leave Policies to determine your entitlements during your time off; reach out to your Human Resources representative if you have any questions.
- Review the Government of Canada website to determine your eligibility for Employment Insurance benefits during your time off.
- Think about how long to take off before baby arrives. Contact your Human Resources representative, and complete any required forms, a minimum of 4 weeks before your intended leave.
- Ensure a proper handover with your Manager before your last day at work.
- Apply for Employment Insurance (if eligible) as soon as possible after you stop working.
- Now you’ve got that admin out of the way, you can reward yourself with a fun task—baby names?! See our checklist for ideas.
DURING YOUR LEAVE
- Notify your Human Resources representative immediately, if your child arrives earlier than the expected delivery date you originally indicated.
- Contact your Human Resources representative to include your child as a dependent on your benefits plan.
- Notify your Human Resources representative if your personal contact details change during your leave.
- Notify your Human Resources representative if you would like to make any changes to your leave dates.
- Contact your Manager and Human Resources representative at least four weeks before your scheduled leave ends to discuss your return to work plans.
- Research and finalize on childcare options ahead of your post-return to work.
AFTER YOUR LEAVE
- While you prepare yourself to return to work, be gentle on yourself.
- If required, discuss an onboarding / return plan with your Manager.
- Keep the lines of communication with your Human Resources representative and Manager open, to discuss any changing needs you may have.
USEFUL LINK: Government of Canada: EI Maternity & Parental Benefits: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-maternity-parental.html
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support, high-value coupons on our trusted brands and much more!
Free Ready-for-Baby Savings Pack.
Around 35 weeks of pregnancy expect to receive our Baby Pack filled with high-value coupons and useful information you and your baby will love!
Special Member Savings
Receive personalized coupons and savings on trusted products in your email inbox - and home mailbox - as your baby grows.
Expert advice, articles, recipes, tips and tools for all the special, hard and at times hectic days of parenting.
Nutritional guidance for growth
Specialized nutritional guidance and science-based expertise for every stage of the parenting journey - from preconception to toddlerhood.
*When registration is during pregnancy. If your baby’s already been born, expect to see your kit within a month
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.