- Ask what clothes you need to take off for the ultrasound. If it’s your first time, there’s no harm in asking.
- Ask for a cover-up. You might want to avoid one-piece jumpsuits on your ultrasound day to help minimize how exposed you feel.
- Ask what they look for in the 12-week ultrasound if they haven’t already had this explained this to you.
- Ask if you will be able to have an image of your baby before they start scanning—clinics often have different policies about printing ultrasounds to keep.
- Ask the ultrasound technician if they can let you record the audio of the heartbeat on your phone.
- Ask about the accuracy of fetal heartbeat phone apps.
- Ask when you should expect your doctor to have the results of the ultrasound.
- Ask what you can expect at your next ultrasound – this is usually the “anatomic” ultrasound between 18 and 20 weeks . Go to your checklist of prenatal testing questions for more things to ask.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support, high-value coupons on our trusted brands and much more!
Free Ready-for-Baby Savings Pack.
Around 35 weeks of pregnancy expect to receive our Baby Pack filled with high-value coupons and useful information you and your baby will love!
Special Member Savings
Receive personalized coupons and savings on trusted products in your email inbox - and home mailbox - as your baby grows.
Expert advice, articles, recipes, tips and tools for all the special, hard and at times hectic days of parenting.
Nutritional guidance for growth
Specialized nutritional guidance and science-based expertise for every stage of the parenting journey - from preconception to toddlerhood.
*When registration is during pregnancy. If your baby’s already been born, expect to see your kit within a month
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.