- Watch out for changes to the bedtime routine (for example, their first time in a new bed). Sometimes even small changes can have some effect.
- Don’t worry, they’ll just take a bit of time to readjust.
- Aim for a routine with regular bedtimes and naptimes.
- Let them choose their own bedtime story.
- Try a baby nightlight or leave the door ajar if they’re afraid of the dark.
- Try white noise or a selection of soothing sounds for baby.
- Try letting them settle themselves to sleep—self-soothing is a skill that takes some practice.
- Be nearby to reassure them but avoid picking your little one up or taking them out of their room if they cry or fuss.
- Make sure they’re as comfy as can be. Adjust their bedding and nightclothes for changes in temperature. Tuck their favourite toy in with them.
- Some families include a bedtime snack in their routine, especially if hunger is waking your toddler up. Some milk, or a banana before they brush their teeth may help keep their tummy happy and their heads firmly on the pillow.
- Don’t despair. It can take time to master the art of sleeping, but you’ll get there eventually.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support, high-value coupons on our trusted brands and much more!
Free Ready-for-Baby Savings Pack.
Around 35 weeks of pregnancy expect to receive our Baby Pack filled with high-value coupons and useful information you and your baby will love!
Special Member Savings
Receive personalized coupons and savings on trusted products in your email inbox - and home mailbox - as your baby grows.
Expert advice, articles, recipes, tips and tools for all the special, hard and at times hectic days of parenting.
Nutritional guidance for growth
Specialized nutritional guidance and science-based expertise for every stage of the parenting journey - from preconception to toddlerhood.
*When registration is during pregnancy. If your baby’s already been born, expect to see your kit within a month
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.