How you store Gerber® cereals can affect their freshness, quality, and even make them attractive to unwanted critters. To help avoid these issues, follow these simple tips when storing your infant cereal:
- Keep your cupboard surfaces clean and crumb-free.
- Regularly check your pantry and grain-based foods (i.e. flour, rice) for insects.
- Throw away expired items (this is especially important during the Spring and Summer months).
- Prior to use, check the packaging to ensure that it’s not damaged or compromised—look for small holes or rips!
- Keep cereals in a cool, dry place and ensure that the container is kept tightly sealed after opening.
- Consider placing the product in a clean, air-tight container for added freshness and protection.
- If you have pets, store their food in a separate location. (Your furry family members aren’t the only creatures who find this food irresistible!)
By keeping freshness in and bugs out, you can rest assured that your little one’s next meal will be fresh and nutritious!
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support, high-value coupons on our trusted brands and much more!
Free Ready-for-Baby Savings Pack.
Around 35 weeks of pregnancy expect to receive our Baby Pack filled with high-value coupons and useful information you and your baby will love!
Special Member Savings
Receive personalized coupons and savings on trusted products in your email inbox - and home mailbox - as your baby grows.
Expert advice, articles, recipes, tips and tools for all the special, hard and at times hectic days of parenting.
Nutritional guidance for growth
Specialized nutritional guidance and science-based expertise for every stage of the parenting journey - from preconception to toddlerhood.
*When registration is during pregnancy. If your baby’s already been born, expect to see your kit within a month
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.