- Schedule your first appointment with your doctor soon after your baby is born. It should happen within the first week of going home from the hospital.
- The doctor or nurse will weigh your baby and measure their length and head circumference. Ask if baby’s weight check is within the normal range.
- Ask what baby vaccinations are needed and when. Your doctor may have a copy of your provinces vaccination schedule for you to take home.
- Ask if your baby’s sleeping patterns are as expected. Share how your family is adjusting to having a new baby at home.
- Ask about safe sleeping and about reducing the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
- Ask about breastfeeding and bottle-feeding, and where you can get support if you have any concerns.
- Many or all of the newborn screening tests will be done while you are still in the hospital. Check with your doctor that they were all completed.
- Ask how you can safely bathe your baby and how often. You can also read our checklist on how to bathe a newborn.
- Ask how you safely trim baby’s nails.
Canadian Paediatric Society. Schedule of well-child visits. https://caringforkids.cps.ca/handouts/pregnancy-and-babies/schedule_of_well_child_visits Accessed September 2020.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support, high-value coupons on our trusted brands and much more!
Free Ready-for-Baby Savings Pack.
Around 35 weeks of pregnancy expect to receive our Baby Pack filled with high-value coupons and useful information you and your baby will love!
Special Member Savings
Receive personalized coupons and savings on trusted products in your email inbox - and home mailbox - as your baby grows.
Expert advice, articles, recipes, tips and tools for all the special, hard and at times hectic days of parenting.
Nutritional guidance for growth
Specialized nutritional guidance and science-based expertise for every stage of the parenting journey - from preconception to toddlerhood.
*When registration is during pregnancy. If your baby’s already been born, expect to see your kit within a month
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.