- Choose a time when baby is relaxed. After their evening bath is good.
- Use the right oil. Plant-based oils - like coconut, canola, corn, olive, grapeseed, avocado, or safflower oils – all work well and are safe if your baby sucks on their hands or fingers.
- Prepare all your massage equipment before baby’s bath, when your hands are free.
- Get set up on the floor with a clean, soft towel on top of a yoga or baby mat.
- Make sure the room is warm enough for baby to be in just their diaper or a onesie.
- Dim the lights if it’s getting close to bedtime.
- Put some relaxing music or lullabies on for those sleepy cues.
- Remove any rings or bracelets.
- Make sure your hands are warm.
- Undress baby and lay them on top of your soft towel and mat on the floor.
- Pour a small amount of your preferred oil for baby massage on your hands and warm it in your palms.
- Start at baby’s feet. Stretching and rubbing their toes and bottoms of their feet.
- Work up baby’s legs and very gently rub and squeeze their muscles. Support your baby’s leg by holding their heel with one hand.
- Work your way to baby’s arms. Support their wrist with one hand.
- Finish with a chest and tummy rub. Use clockwise circular motions on his tummy to aid digestion.
- Talk to your baby softy and narrate what you are doing to them throughout the massage.
- Keep eye contact as you massage baby.
- Don’t rub or squeeze baby too hard.
- Stop massaging if baby doesn’t enjoy it. Not all babies do.
- Stop massaging if baby falls asleep.
- If the massage hasn’t helped to relieve baby’s tummy problems, read our checklist for other tips on how to help.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support, high-value coupons on our trusted brands and much more!
Free Ready-for-Baby Savings Pack.
Around 35 weeks of pregnancy expect to receive our Baby Pack filled with high-value coupons and useful information you and your baby will love!
Special Member Savings
Receive personalized coupons and savings on trusted products in your email inbox - and home mailbox - as your baby grows.
Expert advice, articles, recipes, tips and tools for all the special, hard and at times hectic days of parenting.
Nutritional guidance for growth
Specialized nutritional guidance and science-based expertise for every stage of the parenting journey - from preconception to toddlerhood.
*When registration is during pregnancy. If your baby’s already been born, expect to see your kit within a month
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.