- Talk to your partner or someone else you trust if you think you think you have baby blues. Many women experience at least some symptoms of baby blues immediately after childbirth. Sudden change in hormones after delivery, combined with stress, the demands of a new baby, feelings of isolation, and sleep deprivation and fatigue can all be causes of these emotional changes. You might feel more tearful, overwhelmed, and emotionally fragile.
- The baby blues are perfectly normal, but if your symptoms don’t go away after a few weeks or get worse, you may have postpartum depression.
- Speak with other friends who are also moms. They may have gone through something similar.
- Consider joining a mom and baby group or classes. A change of scenery and meeting other new moms may be helpful. Read our checklist on 10 things to do with baby—that give something back to you.
- Try mediation and mindfulness. There are a number of great apps available to support your practice.
- Tell your doctor and discuss whether you should talk to a therapist. There are resources and people who can help – your doctor will know where to start.
- Try some gentle exercises. It’s surprising what a bit of movement can do for your mood.
- Eat a healthy, varied and balanced diet.
- As well as trying to get some sun and fresh air, continue taking your prenatal multivitamin which should contain vitamin D.
- Ask your partner to help so that you can take time for refreshing and recharging things like a warm bath or hot shower, or a walk.
- Write a mood diary. Noting how you feel each day can help you realize what makes you happy and what doesn’t.
- Be kinder to yourself. You’re doing your best—it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Ask friends and family to help. A few less errands on your to do list can make all the difference.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support, high-value coupons on our trusted brands and much more!
Free Ready-for-Baby Savings Pack.
Around 35 weeks of pregnancy expect to receive our Baby Pack filled with high-value coupons and useful information you and your baby will love!
Special Member Savings
Receive personalized coupons and savings on trusted products in your email inbox - and home mailbox - as your baby grows.
Expert advice, articles, recipes, tips and tools for all the special, hard and at times hectic days of parenting.
Nutritional guidance for growth
Specialized nutritional guidance and science-based expertise for every stage of the parenting journey - from preconception to toddlerhood.
*When registration is during pregnancy. If your baby’s already been born, expect to see your kit within a month
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.