- Talk to your doctor if you think that baby’s crying or discomfort is excessive. Read our checklist on what to do if your baby has colic for more tips.
- Make an appointment with a public health nurse or lactation consultant. They can help you to identify if there are ways to tweak your feeding technique that will help baby be more comfortable.
- Try doing “bicycle legs” with baby’s legs to activate their little digestive system and help them pass gas.
- Make sure to do tummy time with baby, even if they protest. Tummy time can help baby pass gas and relieve belly discomfort.
- Try giving them a warm bath.
- Try clockwise tummy massages after a bath to help move things along. Read our checklist on how to give a baby massage.
- Try burping baby after every feed by holding them upright and gently rubbing their back until they seem more comfortable.
- Try burping baby when you switch breasts, if breastfeeding, or after each 1 oz of breast milk or formula from a bottle.
- Help a bottle-fed baby swallow less air by making sure there is no air in the nipple and by holding the baby upright in your arms while feeding.
- Try different feeding positions to find out what suits baby best. For different breastfeeding holds, check out our guide to getting comfortable while breastfeeding.
- Try carrying baby upright, perhaps in a baby carrier, and walk around a little after feeding.
- Talk to your doctor about whether your baby’s tummy problems are normal and what the potential causes may could be. Read our tips for your baby's happy healthy tummy.
- Consider your own diet if you are breastfeeding. Talk to your HCP about how your diet could be affecting baby.
- Talk to your doctor if you’re worried your baby might be lactose intolerant. You can read up on the symptoms of lactose intolerance here.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support, high-value coupons on our trusted brands and much more!
Free Ready-for-Baby Savings Pack.
Around 35 weeks of pregnancy expect to receive our Baby Pack filled with high-value coupons and useful information you and your baby will love!
Special Member Savings
Receive personalized coupons and savings on trusted products in your email inbox - and home mailbox - as your baby grows.
Expert advice, articles, recipes, tips and tools for all the special, hard and at times hectic days of parenting.
Nutritional guidance for growth
Specialized nutritional guidance and science-based expertise for every stage of the parenting journey - from preconception to toddlerhood.
*When registration is during pregnancy. If your baby’s already been born, expect to see your kit within a month
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.