- Ensure you and baby get off to a healthy start with the #1 Prenatal Vitamins* brand
- Just one tablet a day helps fulfill your multivitamin and mineral needs before, during and after pregnancy, so you can confidently take your first step into this big adventure called motherhood
- Our prenatal vitamins are recognized by the Society of Obstetricians & Gynecologists of Canada (SOGC) as a product that demonstrates reasonable evidence of safety and efficacy
- To be sure this product is right for you, always read and follow the label
- Once-a-day dose to be taken prior to conception, during pregnancy and when breastfeeding
- Helps prevent neural tube defects***
- Contains folic acid and 22 essential vitamins and minerals
- Helps support normal fertility, healthy bones and the immune system
- Helps reduce tiredness & fatigue due to iron deficiency anemia
- Gelatin-free tablet
Caution: Do not exceed the recommended dose. If taking other supplements, read label, as other supplements may contain the same ingredients. In case of accidental overdose, contact a physician or poison control centre immediately. Keep out of reach of children. There is enough iron in this package to seriously harm a child. To exclude the diagnosis of a serious cause of infertility, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use. Hypersensitivity has been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use.
*Claim based on Nielsen MarketTrack L52W period ending Dec 26 2020 for National Grocery, Drug, Mass Merchandisers.
**Over-the-counter prenatal multivitamin brand. ProVoice Research 2020. Data on file.
***When taken daily at least three months prior to becoming pregnant and during early pregnancy.
Adults: 1 tablet daily with food prior to conception, during pregnancy, and when breastfeeding. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products.
|EACH TABLET CONTAINS:|
|Vitamin A (vitamin A acetate)||462 mcg RAE|
|Vitamin B1 (thiamine mononitrate)||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride)||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)||2.8 mcg|
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||70 mg|
|Vitamin D (cholecalciferol)||15 mcg/600 IU|
|Vitamin E (dl-α tocopheryl acetate)||4.8 mg AT|
|Folate (folic acid)||600 mcg|
|Pantothenic Acid (calcium d-pantothenate)||3.6 mg|
|Calcium (calcium carbonate)||250 mg|
|Chromium (chromium chloride)||9 mcg|
|Copper (cupric citrate)||0.3 mg|
|Iodine (potassium iodide)||225 mcg|
|Iron (ferrous fumarate)||24 mg|
|Magnesium (magnesium oxide)||50 mg|
|Manganese (manganese gluconate dihydrate)||1.2 mg|
|Molybdenum (sodium molybdate)||28 mcg|
|Selenium (sodium selenite)||17 mcg|
|Zinc (zinc oxide)||2.4 mg|
Non-Medicinal Ingredients:acacia gum, carmine, carnauba wax, cellulose gum, citric acid, corn starch, dicalcium phosphate, dl-alpha tocopherol, ethylcellulose, glucose syrup, hyprolose, macrogol, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, medium chain triglycerides, microcrystalline cellulose, modified food starch, mono and di-glycerides of fatty acids, polyvinyl alcohol, silicon dioxide, sodium ascorbate, stearic acid, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, trisodium citrate
Product information is subject to change. Please refer to the product label or packaging for the most current nutrition and allergen information.
A prenatal / postpartum multivitamin is specially designed to help support the increased nutrition needs of pregnancy and the postpartum period for most healthy women. Prenatal / postpartum multivitamins, like Materna®, contain at least 0.4 mg of folic acid to help prevent neural tube defects.* Health Canada recommends that a multivitamin also contains 16 - 20 mg of iron, to help reduce tiredness and fatigue, as well as 2. 6 mcg of vitamin B12.1 Some prenatal / postpartum multivitamins also contain DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid, to help support cognitive health and brain function.
Most neural tube defects happen in the first four weeks of pregnancy, before most women even know that they are pregnant. Experts recommend that women who are trying to get pregnant, or who might become pregnant, take a multivitamin with 0.4 – 1.0 mg of folic acid starting at least 3 months before conception, throughout pregnancy, and for 4 to 6 weeks after delivery or as long as they are breastfeeding.2
A daily prenatal / postpartum multivitamin that contains at least 1.5 mg of zinc can help to support normal fertility.3
Yes. Prenatal / postpartum multivitamins are generally safe for all women over 19 years of age. In fact, experts recommend that women who are trying to get pregnant, or who might become pregnant, take a multivitamin with at least 400 mcg of folic acid to reduce the risk of neural tube defects.2
Materna® prenatal / postpartum multivitamin is specifically designed to support health at every stage of motherhood – when trying to conceive, during pregnancy, and after delivery.
* When taken daily at least 3 months prior to becoming pregnant and during early pregnancy.
- Health Canada. Prenatal Nutrition Guidelines for Healthcare Professionals: Folate, 2013.
- SOGC Clinical Practice Guideline, No.324 (Replaces #201, Deeember 2007). JOGC. 2015;37(6):534-549.
- European Food Safety Authority. Scientific Opinion. EFSA Journal. 2009;7(7):1229
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.