What is DHA?
DHA stands for docosahexaenoic acid, an important type of fatty acid that helps support brain and eye development during pregnancy and infancy. DHA is delivered from mom to baby through the placenta before birth and is naturally found in breast milk.Health Canada recommends that pregnant women should eat at least 150 g of cooked fish per week1. You may also choose to take a prenatal DHA supplement to ensure you reach the recommended 200 mg of DHA per day for pregnancy and breastfeeding2.Not all prenatal multivitamins come with prenatal DHA, so ask your doctor if you require a prenatal DHA supplement.
Women 19 years or older.
- Motherhood starts with MATERNA. Ensure you and baby get off to a healthy start with MATERNA
- Recognized by the Society of Obstetricians & Gynecologists of Canada (SOGC) as a product that demonstrates reasonable evidence of safety and efficacy
- The #1 DOCTOR RECOMMENDED** brand of prenatal multivitamins now with the benefits of prenatal DHA
- Just one tablet a day helps fulfill your vitamin and mineral needs before, during, and after pregnancy
- Together with a small prenatal DHA softgel to help support cognitive health and brain function, so you can confidently take your first step into this exciting journey called motherhood
- DHA is an important omega-3 fatty acid for pregnant & lactating women
- Pregnant women require more omega-3 fatty acids, like DHA, in their diet
- DHA is delivered from you to your baby through the placenta before birth and through breast milk after birth
- To be sure this product is right for you, always read and follow the label
*Over-the-counter prenatal multivitamin brand. ProVoice Research 2019. Data on file.
2EU reference for DHA intake
- #1 DOCTOR RECOMMENDED* brand of prenatal multivitamins
- Each tablet provides 23 essential nutrients to help ensure good nutritional support before, during and after pregnancy, including 100 percent of the recommended daily amount for folic acid and vitamin D
- Each softgel provides 225 mg of prenatal DHA to help support cognitive health & brain function
- Easy to swallow
* Over-the-counter prenatal multivitamin brand. ProVoice Research 2020. Data on file.
Caution: Do not exceed the recommended dose. If taking other supplements, read label, as other supplements may contain the same ingredients. In case of accidental overdose, contact a physician or poison control centre immediately. Keep out of reach of children. There is enough iron in this package to seriously harm a child. To exclude the diagnosis of a serious cause of infertility, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use. Hypersensitivity has been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use.
Adults: 1 tablet daily with food prior to conception, during pregnancy, and when breastfeeding. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products.
MATERNA DHA Softgel :
Adults: 1 softgel daily.
|EACH TABLET CONTAINS:|
|Vitamin A (vitamin A acetate)||462 mcg RAE|
|Vitamin B1 (thiamine mononitrate)||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride)||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)||2.8 mcg|
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||70 mg|
|Vitamin D (cholecalciferol)||15 mcg/ 600 IU|
|Vitamin E (dl-α tocopheryl acetate)||4.8 mg AT|
|Folate (folic acid)||600 mcg|
|Pantothenic Acid (calcium d-pantothenate)||3.6 mg|
|Calcium (calcium carbonate)||250 mg|
|Chromium (chromium chloride)||9 mcg|
|Copper (cupric citrate)||0.3 mg|
|Iodine (potassium iodide)||225 mcg|
|Iron (ferrous fumarate)||24 mg|
|Magnesium (magnesium oxide)||50 mg|
|Manganese (manganese gluconate dihydrate)||1.2 mg|
|Molybdenum (sodium molybdate)||28 mcg|
|Selenium (sodium selenite)||17 mcg|
|Zinc (zinc oxide)||2.4 mg|
|EACH PRENATAL DHA SOFTGEL CONTAINS:|
|Fish oil (anchovy, sardine, and/or mackerel)||535 mg|
|Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)||225 mg|
|Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)||45 mg|
MATERNA Tablet: acacia gum, carmine, carnauba wax, cellulose gum, citric acid, corn starch, dicalcium phosphate, dl-alpha tocopherol, ethylcellulose, glucose syrup, hyprolose, macrogol, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, medium chain triglycerides, microcrystalline cellulose, modified food starch, mono and di-glycerides of fatty acids, polyvinyl alcohol, silicon dioxide, sodium ascorbate, stearic acid, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, trisodium citrate
DHA Softgel: Gelatin (Bovine), Glycerol, Tocopherols, Purified Water.
Product information is subject to change. Please refer to the product label or packaging for the most current nutrition and allergen information.
Other formats/flavors available
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.