This pediatric supplement offers the expert-recommended dose of Vitamin D for breastfed babies, plus DHA, to help infants build strong bones and teeth while supporting their normal brain function. With a convenient liquid format, our Vitamin D + DHA drops are formulated as an easy way for breastfed infants to get their recommended daily intake of Vitamin D, plus DHA.
- 400 IU of vitamin D per day for breastfed and partially breastfed infants
- Source of omega-3 fatty acids / DHA for the maintenance of good health
- Helps support cognitive health and brain function
- Helps to build strong bones and teeth in infants
- No colours, flavours, or sweeteners
- Gluten-free and vegetarian
- Convenient liquid drops
Health Canada and the Canadian Pediatric Society recommend that all breastfed and partially breastfed babies in Canada should receive a supplement of 400 IU of vitamin D per day.
Every 8 drops of Gerber® Supplements for Baby Vit D + DHA contains an infant’s daily recommended dose of 400 IU of vitamin D, plus 110 mg of DHA.
Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) helps in the development of strong bones and teeth.
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) is an important omega-3 fatty acid that supports the normal brain function in infants.
Medicinal ingredients / 8 drops
Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) 10 mcg/400 IU
Schizochytrium oil (Schizochytrium spp.) (Whole) 292 mg
- Providing Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 110 mg
Dosage: For Infants & Children (0-2 years): 8 drops, once daily.
Speak to your child’s doctor before using Gerber® Supplements for Baby Vit-D + DHA at the same time as other products containing the same ingredients. Consult your doctor before considering using products for child above the recommended age.
How to Use:
- Shake well before use.
- Turn bottle to a 45° angle to slowly form a drop. Drops can be given on the breast, mixed with breast milk or infant formula, or by spoon.
Store at room temperature in a cool, dry place (25 degree or below). Avoid exposure to heat sources, direct sunlight, or contact with water. Once opened, refrigerate, and use within 2 months.
Interested in breastfeeding tips for new moms? Check out our Breastfeeding 101 article here, where we share our trips on comfortable positions to make breastfeeding more enjoyable for both you and your baby.
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.