When your little one is ready to start solids, our GERBER Baby Rice Cereal is an ideal first food because it is an excellent source of iron.
Hemoglobin Production: Why your baby needs iron
Full-term babies are born with iron stores from their mother’s blood, which are usually enough for the first six months. Iron is an essential micronutrient and is needed for hemoglobin production, cognitive function and protection from infection1. Hemoglobin is what carries oxygen through your baby’s blood and into their red blood cells. A lack of iron can lead to anemia, which can slow development in babies.
At about six months, your baby will have used up most of the iron they received in utero. For this reason, Health Canada and Canadian Paediatric Society recommend baby's first complementary foods be rich in iron, like iron-fortified baby rice cereal1,2.
Designed specifically for baby's nutritional needs, each serving provides nutrients like iron and calcium, as well as probiotics, to help your little one grow and smile. Because we make our GERBER Baby Rice Cereal from a single grain, it comes out creamy, smooth and easy to digest.
Just add water for quick, super convenient and wholesome goodness.
- Unger, et al. Paediatr Child Health. 2019;24(8):555-556
- Joint statement of Health Canada, Canadian Paediatric Society, Dietitians of Canada, and Breastfeeding Committee for Canada. Nutrition for Healthy Term Infants: Recommendations from Six to 24 Months. 2014.
- An excellent source of iron, which contributes to normal cognitive development
- Contains essential nutrients, like thiamine, riboflavin and niacin, which help support baby’s normal growth and development
- With probiotic B. lactis, which helps support baby’s healthy gut flora and normal immune function*
- Made from a single grain for baby’s first gentle introduction to solids
- No added salt** or sugar, and no preservatives, artificial colours or flavours
Easy to prepare
- Measure 5 Tbsp. of cereal into a bowl.
- Stir in approximately 1/3 cup (90mL) of previously boiled, lukewarm water to create a smooth consistency. Add more or less water to get the texture baby likes!
*1 billion B. lactis per 28 g
**All cereal-based foods for babies under 12 months should not contain salt
|Per 5 tbsp (28 g)|
|Vitamin A % DV||0|
|Vitamin C % DV||0|
|Vitamin E %DV||15|
|Vitamin B12 %DV||15|
Rice Flour2, Dry Skim Milk2, Canola Oil1, High Oleic Sunflower Oil2, Sunflower Oil2, Bifidobacterium Lactis2. Vitamins and Iron: Thiamine Mononitrate2, Riboflavin1, Niacinamide2, Ferric Pyrophosphate2. 1From Non-Genetically Engineered (GE) Sources. 2As Always, Only Available from Non-GE Sources
Product information is subject to change. Please refer to the product label or packaging for the most current nutrition and allergen information.
Contains milk. May contain wheat, barley and oat.
Other formats/flavors available
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine.